As I’ve mentioned before, I’m working on the next major version of TicketDesk 2.0 on the ASP.NET MVC framework. The project is still a little early in development, but is starting to resemble a real application now.
I’ve put demo site up to give the public a preview…
The demo of TicketDesk 2.0 MVC alpha is now online. I’ll be updating it from time to time as I reach different milestones. When the project gets closer to a beta state I’ll likely check it into source control over at the TicketDesk codeplex project, but for now I’m working offline on it.
Implemented so far:
- TicketCenter with the default list views
- TicketEditor displays ticket information
- The visual formatting is very rough
- Attachments cannot be downloaded (this is on purpose… my demo is not an FTP server for the public’s warez :P)
- New Ticket feature should be fully functional
- TicketEditor activity panel should support most activities
- “edit ticket” and “add attachments” remain incomplete.
- Account management is borrowed mostly from the “sample” MVC app, but has been customized for ticketdesk.
Stuff that isn’t done:
- Notifications and RSS are not implemented
- Visual Styling and formatting is very “stock MVC sample” for now
- I like the general layout, but the text formatting needs lots of work
- Ticket Search is absent
- None of the admin tools are complete
Go poke at the demo and see what you think.
I welcome any comments, observations, or questions you might have, but don’t go reporting bugs yet…this is an alpha demo so I already know it doesn’t work very well yet 🙂